Thread: ASP add, update and delete

ASP add, update and delete

I do need some help I am building up an asp application that will access an SQL server [database] so what I want is for the admin access to add, update and delete in all the tables

I have about 13 different tables so my questions is do I have to do separate add.asp update.asp and delete.asp for all the different tables or I can have just one and do the include as like the one for database connection I am a baby in ASP so I really need some help.

Sounds like you are in the classic ASP mode. There is an EditAll feature in Classic ASP specially designed for Admin to do just what you said - Add, Delete and Update... look for an example in the code gallary. AS fo rdifferent tables, just do a sople droup down in the begining of the modules either hard code or get the DB schema for the table names and you can manage each table accordingly.

FK

Thankx Frank!!

I now have the solution though do not know how to implement it as i am still a baby in ASP. Can put all that in English but blank on the syntax.

I have to create one page , on that page with my text boxes make one combo box and put all my database table names in this combo box.Before adding the data I have to first select table name from the combo box then click on add . In my code I have to pass querystring for every table different i.e pass 1,2,3... like this then retrieve querystring using

a=request.querystring(----my variable in combo option---)

then I make the connection with my database and put my insert statements in one variable for every table then put the if condition and write if (value come from querystring is 1 then it executes my first variable in which there is the insert statement of my first table else if (value come from querystring is 2 then execute my second variable in which there is the insert statement of sec. table.i also want to do the same thing for update and del button

what product and version are you using to make sure youhave the all-in-one features in it.

FK

i have windows 2000 professional. for the database i am using MS SQL 2000 Server.
    For ASP i do not know the different types.!!!

OH I mean the ASP-db version.

Fk

ASP-db Classic

try dbnavigationitem="edit"

FK