Thread: Genaral Script Order

Genaral Script Order

Hello,
    I recently created a script using the wizard in MS SQL 2000 and attempted to run and it errored out about half way though. After debugging I discovered that the script order is not what expected. The script tried creating a view on another view that had not yet been created. Has anyone encounter issues with script ordering and is there a work around besides manually moving items around in the script?

Thanks,
    Ricgre

Thanks you Mak!! I will check it out and if have any question be contacting you.

Still having Scripting Issues for newbie

Mak,
    I tried your suggested solution and the script looks the same as that generated by the wizard. I am still having dependecy issues where script tries to create a view on a view not yet generated because of the order of events in the script. Also table deletes fail based on key relationships if the first table hasn't been deleted.

Any ideas on how to get the sequence of events in the order anticipated or have the script perform tasks in order based on dependecies? I need these scripts for freash installs at new facilities. At existing I could do backup and repairs. Am I heading down the right path here. I would love to run scripts to build the objects as a very quick method when all is right.

Thanks for the help,
    Last edited by ricgre; 03-14-2005 at 05:10 PM.