Thread: SQL Agent unable to run DTS packages

SQL Agent unable to run DTS packages

Hi

For some reason and quite suddenly DTS packages fail to run via a job. I can run the packages manually though.

I get the error :
    DTSRun: Cannot create COM Server to load and execute DTS Package. Error -2147221008 (800401F0): CoInitialize has not been called.

I cant find any reason why this would happen, as I cant find any thing that has changed

Does sql agent service account have proper rights to load com server?

From every thing I gathered, all accounts were correct, and all permissions were set to what they had to be. We eventually just rebooted the entire box, which sorted out the problem, but should this sort of thing happen when such downtime is un-acceptable I want to know what actually went wrong. It is a Win2k3 box, and it may be relevent to noted that the problems started after the SQL service were retarted due to poor performance.

Hi,
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem?
    I am experiencing the same problem after migrating to W2K3 / SQL Server 2K.
    Problem is resolved by restarting the SQL Agent, works a couple of times then constantly fails until service is restarted.
    DTS package runs fine manually.

Unfortunately the problem has never happened again, and I never did find out why it occured in the first place.