Thread: Tornado - Edit Functionality

Question Tornado - Edit Functionality

Frank,

We have the need for Tornado to duplicate the functionality of the "Edit" button in ASPdb Classic.

Our system must enable the user to modify a current record and a copy of that record on the same screen. The ASPdb Classic "Edit" button functionality has exactly what we need.
    How do we implement this in Tornado?

The ASPdb Classic example is # 101

thanks, Paul

In Tornado, you can have the edit and the indexed grid side by side as standard? Correct? The Classic "Edit" is an Add/Update/Delete all in one screen and is not implemented in Tornado.

FK

Sorry for the delay in responding to you regarding this issue. However, our customer, who is currently using ASPdb Classic, has grown to appreciate the functionality of the "EDIT" function with it's split screen. This is a feature that Tornado should contain for maintaining backward compatibility with Classic. As a developer, I cannot offer, to my customers, anything close to the EDIT function using Tornado, and the customer has specifically asked for this functionality. What do you suggest? Paul

This old Edit feature was not in the plan in Tornado but I'll take a look in the possiblity in putting it back.

FK