Thread: Dropdown list before Fullscreen upate grid

Dropdown list before Fullscreen upate grid

What I want to do is change the default setting for a dropdown list with a fullscreen update page. The way I am looking at doing this is to provide the user with a dropdown list that appears at the top of the screen containing the values `absent' and `present'. Selecting a value should then change the common table settings. I have done it and it works but I can only get the dropdown list to appear AFTER the update grid. Any suggestions?

would it be easier if you detect the absent/present and then change the CommonTable property

dim absent as boolean= get it form the URL

dbCommontables = "fi=status|key=keyfld|Look=" & iif(absent,absent_key,present_key)

FK

Unfortunately the selection will have to be made on the page itself - so I can't read the variable from an URL. Am I right in thinking there is no template for the fullscreen update? Otherwise I could do it that way.

why not... look at example #75 (soon tobe replace by a new tree) and see how to select from a dropdown and then set your action. Display a default page (present) and whne detect an absent submit then change to the absent display.

FK