Thread: Can you Filter When SQL statement builds aggegates in EP?

Ralph Clark Guest

Can you Filter When SQL statement builds aggegates in EP?

I am using ASP_db EP. My SQL query builds aggregates (Sums) Grouped BY a set of ID fields (add up that values for each distinct ID). When I FILTER on the ID (even when renamed by dbNameMap and dbDisplayLookUpList and dbFilterDropFlds) the filter works. When I try to Filter on the fields holding the aggregate values, I get an ODBC Error "Invalid Column" which is the renamed aggregate column.

(SQL7, ODBC DSN)

Example:

MyDB.dbSQL =

Select Downtime_ID, Count(Distinct DowntimeCode) AS Occurrences From Downtime where Machine_id = 2 Group BY Downtime_ID

Filtering on Downtime_id works, Filtering on "Occurrences" fails.

What am I missing? Seems that ASP_db should handle something this mundane. Should be evident I am nit an expert.

So HELP!

FK Guest

Can you Filter When SQL statement builds aggegates in EP? (reply)

Look at the 4th field of NameMap. Problem might be there !

FK

------------
    Ralph Clark at 9/15/99 3:36:01 PM

I am using ASP_db EP. My SQL query builds aggregates (Sums) Grouped BY a set of ID fields (add up that values for each distinct ID). When I FILTER on the ID (even when renamed by dbNameMap and dbDisplayLookUpList and dbFilterDropFlds) the filter works. When I try to Filter on the fields holding the aggregate values, I get an ODBC Error "Invalid Column" which is the renamed aggregate column.

(SQL7, ODBC DSN)

Example:

MyDB.dbSQL =

Select Downtime_ID, Count(Distinct DowntimeCode) AS Occurrences From Downtime where Machine_id = 2 Group BY Downtime_ID

What am I missing? Seems that ASP_db should handle something this mundane. Should be evident I am nit an expert.

So HELP!

FK Guest

Can you Filter When SQL statement builds aggegates in EP? (reply)

Check FAQ Q44....

------------
    Ralph Clark at 9/15/99 3:36:01 PM

(SQL7, ODBC DSN)

Example:

MyDB.dbSQL =

So HELP!