Thread: SQL Mail MAPI error

Niki Guest

SQL Mail MAPI error

Hi,

I recently installed MS SQL server version 7.00.623 on a Win2k server. I installed Outlook 2000 and had the Exchange Administrator create a mailbox in order to use SQL Mail and SQL Server Agent alerts when jobs fail. The Outlook mailbox was set up with a different name then the SQL Server Agent so I created a new account for the SQL Server Agent to match the name of the mailbox. I can send and receive mail from Outlook when logged into the server but I receive the following error when testing the profile in SQL Mail and SQL Server Agent properties:

"[260] Unable to start mail session (reason: Unable to logon (reason: Unable to get the default MAPI Message Store due to MAPI error 273: The information store could not be opened); check the mail profile and/or the SQLServerAgent service startup account)"

The SQL Server Agent account is a NT User type, uses NT Authentication and has sysadmin server privledges and I am attempting to configure the mail while logging in to the server via Terminal Services Client using this account. I have tried to stop and restart the SQL Server Agent services but still receive the same error. When I log into Outlook, I receive a dialog box titled "Enter Password" that asks for a user name, domain name and password. The Exchange Admin. set this up so I have to use my user name, domain and password.

Do I need to install a service pack for SQL Server?

Did changing the SQL Server Agent account cause this to fail?

Does anyone have any insight on why I cannot get SQL Mail configured?

Thank You So Much

cal Guest

SQL Mail MAPI error (reply)

Make sure you log on with the SQL AGENT NT ACCOUNT.

Then create the email profile.

------------
    Niki at 3/13/01 2:23:51 PM

Hi,

I recently installed MS SQL server version 7.00.623 on a Win2k server. I installed Outlook 2000 and had the Exchange Administrator create a mailbox in order to use SQL Mail and SQL Server Agent alerts when jobs fail. The Outlook mailbox was set up with a different name then the SQL Server Agent so I created a new account for the SQL Server Agent to match the name of the mailbox. I can send and receive mail from Outlook when logged into the server but I receive the following error when testing the profile in SQL Mail and SQL Server Agent properties:

"[260] Unable to start mail session (reason: Unable to logon (reason: Unable to get the default MAPI Message Store due to MAPI error 273: The information store could not be opened); check the mail profile and/or the SQLServerAgent service startup account)"

The SQL Server Agent account is a NT User type, uses NT Authentication and has sysadmin server privledges and I am attempting to configure the mail while logging in to the server via Terminal Services Client using this account. I have tried to stop and restart the SQL Server Agent services but still receive the same error. When I log into Outlook, I receive a dialog box titled "Enter Password" that asks for a user name, domain name and password. The Exchange Admin. set this up so I have to use my user name, domain and password.

Thank You So Much

Niki Guest

SQL Mail MAPI error (reply)

I am logging on to the server with the SQL Server Agent account.

Does the SQL Server Agent account need to have a permission to log into the mailbox. Currently the permissions are set up so the mailbox is accessed using my user permissions.

Thanks

------------
    cal at 3/13/01 3:33:49 PM

Make sure you log on with the SQL AGENT NT ACCOUNT.

Then create the email profile.

------------
    Niki at 3/13/01 2:23:51 PM

Hi,

Thank You So Much