Thread: Admin Tools

Stuart Guest

Admin Tools

Hi Guys

I have just been trying to install the Admin tools from the SQL 6.5 setup CD on a Win NT Workstation 4 SP6 system. Everything seems to go fine until the icons are addded into the program group, these come up as system default icons and don't link to any programs. If I go into the installed directory and execute the programs then I get the following message:

The SQLOLE OLE object could not be registered. Class not registered (80040154)

After clicking OK the program terminates. I have tried diferent install directories, even diferent partitions. I have also deleted the directory and removed the Registry entries manual - this is because it cannot be uninstalled.

Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Stuza

Ray Miao Guest

Admin Tools (reply)

DId you logon as local admin?

------------
    Stuart at 7/5/00 4:59:48 AM

Hi Guys

I have just been trying to install the Admin tools from the SQL 6.5 setup CD on a Win NT Workstation 4 SP6 system. Everything seems to go fine until the icons are addded into the program group, these come up as system default icons and don't link to any programs. If I go into the installed directory and execute the programs then I get the following message:

After clicking OK the program terminates. I have tried diferent install directories, even diferent partitions. I have also deleted the directory and removed the Registry entries manual - this is because it cannot be uninstalled.

Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Stuza

Stuart Guest

Admin Tools (reply)

Domain Admin.... which obviously has local admin rights.

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/5/00 8:20:44 AM

DId you logon as local admin?

------------
    Stuart at 7/5/00 4:59:48 AM

Hi Guys

Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Stuza