Thread: Legato/SQL failover question.

Legato/SQL failover question.

Question(s):
    If you are using Legato to mirror your database server are you running any specialized scripts against the system tables at failover time? Are you running any kind of script at failover?

Background:
    We are using Legato to mirror several of our critical database servers and it’s really worked well for us but a situation occurred last week that causes me some concern and I’d like to know what other Legator users are doing.

Normally our failovers are for short durations, a few hours at most. This time the failover occurred over several days. I found that any job that executed a step with a DTS package was failing.

It seems that there’s a documented issue from Microsoft, that when the originating_server column in the sysjobs table contained a value other than the name of the current server, the job fails. The fix was simple. I changed the originating_server name to the current server and all was well. When we went back to the primary server, I changed the value back again.

This brings me to the question about any special scripts or processes that you may be running at failover time. Any information you share is greatly appreciated.

Sidney Ives
    Database Administrator
    Sentara Healthcare

1. sysservers table and sysjobs table should be updated when failed over to another server

refer:
    http://databasejournal.com/features/...le.php/2194711