Thread: Database startup - urgent

Database startup - urgent

Hi there,

I have a Oracle9i Sitting on windows 2000 Server. I have two databases called IMSPROD and TRFPROD on this server. The services were setup to start automatically but they never do, I have to go and start them from my Entreprise manager console.

Problem 1) The management server is not satrting up saying that it has some windows internal error.

Problme 2) I want to start the databases connecting as sysdba but only one database starts up when I say atrtup. HOw can I startup the two databses so the users can keep working when I solve the managemnet server problem

Could anybody help in starting up the two databases for now

thanks
    Rukmini

Hi,
    Incase u want to startup both the databases. U can do it manually by going to the dos prompt.
    1st database
    C:\> set oracle_sid=IMSPROD
    c:\>sqlplus /nolog
    c:/>connect sys as sysdba
    sqlplus>startup
    exit

2nd database
    C:\> set oracle_sid=TRFPROD
    c:\>sqlplus /nolog
    c:/>connect sys as sysdba
    sqlplus>startup
    exit

If I have understodd your problem correctly then I guess this would solve the problem.

Regards
    Pankaj

edit the service using oradim and make it auto startup it starts when the os starts

U can also do this via changing to Windows services to automatic but only problem is that some times oracle does not start on its own and that's why u have to start it manually.

yeh, after that also if is not starting automatically then you have to edit the service using oradim
    the syntax will be
    oradim -edit -sid <your sid> -startmode auto -intpwd <password> -pfile <path of pfile>
    then i will start automatically you can start any number of services you want like this by default oracle will configure for only one.
    chandu singh

thanks all of you , this problem has been resolved. I acn start both the databases by changing the SID.

Now I have another problem, I'm trying to import a dmp file that I exported and I get various kinds of errors. Each table and index have their own tablespaces Like all table sstarting with aws have one tablespace and starting with inv have their own tablespace ..............

unable to allocate MINEXTENTS beyond 24 in tablespace AWS_HUGE_TABLE_TS

unable to allocate MINEXTENTS beyond 9 in tablespace AWS_LARGE_TABLE_TS

unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace CLM_SMALL_INDEX_TS

I did the export with compress=N option

Please help

try to cloease the tablespace first there may be not enough space in the tablespace, if not solved then first check what is the free space avaliable in that tablespace if there is space what is required then it will allocate that may number of extents or add one more datafile to get more space or make the existing data file autoextend if possible.

Regards
    chandu singh