Thread: Import huge dump file

Import huge dump file

hi everybody,

I have two schema's in my oracle database one of which I have to rename. So I have exported all the data of the old schema user, then create the new user account I want and import all of the data exported. since this is a huge database I'm facing some extent problems . The import does go successfully to about 80% of the data and then stops. should I have to increase the tablespace size or create a big rollback to use for import. Any help regarding the measures I hav eto take before importing will be appreciated.

Thaks
    Rukmini

Did you use COMPRESS=N option when exporting? This will prevent merging all extents into one large one when you import.

Creating large rollback segment will only help if you are running out of rollback segment space.

You can also use COMMIT=Y option in import, so that you commit more frequently and not use large rollback segment.

What is the default Compress otion when Exporting. Sorry no time to check as I have already started the Export

Default is COMPRESS=Y

Thanks. I have specified The Compress=Y option and also the commit option. The import is currently in process. I'll have to wait to see if to goes through ...

THE IMPORT WAS DONE SUCCESSFULLY. THANKS VERY MUCH