Thread: Restore from Log Backup: Time is not accurate

Mary Guest

Restore from Log Backup: Time is not accurate

I do hourly transaction log backups at 9,10, 11 etc...
    When I restore from a 9:00 backup I clearly see changes that I made after 9:00 am!!!
    I then noticed when I go to my scheduled backups that a 10 am backup was indeed done
    but in the "restore from device" tab it says the last backup was at 9 am.
    Apparently it is not showing the actual latest backup that was done. This explains why
    when restoring from a 9am backup I am seeing changes after 9, because in reality
    I am restoring from a 10 am backup!

Is this a bug? I am running on 6.5 sp 5a.

thanks in advance....Mary

Ed Alexander Guest

Restore from Log Backup: Time is not accurate (reply)

I can tell you this, when you look at the history for a scheduled task (i.e. your backups) you cannot trust the times displayed. We are only at sp3, but we've discussed this with MS and they acknowledged the problem. Just yesterday I reviewed a task we run hourly that has been running successfully for months, yet the history showed the date of the most current run and the next date in the list was in March. Go figure......

------------
    Mary at 6/17/99 11:26:26 AM

I do hourly transaction log backups at 9,10, 11 etc...
    When I restore from a 9:00 backup I clearly see changes that I made after 9:00 am!!!
    I then noticed when I go to my scheduled backups that a 10 am backup was indeed done
    but in the "restore from device" tab it says the last backup was at 9 am.
    Apparently it is not showing the actual latest backup that was done. This explains why
    when restoring from a 9am backup I am seeing changes after 9, because in reality
    I am restoring from a 10 am backup!

Is this a bug? I am running on 6.5 sp 5a.

thanks in advance....Mary