I have uploaded the current version of the database in question to my website. I hope it will give you a better idea of what the problem is.

Click here.

-----------------------

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum so I hope I go about this right...

At our high school, for the first year ever we are trying to incorporate an electronic dance ticket selling system to sell tickets for the school dances - cut down paper/ink usage basically.

The idea was that each person would submit their permission form, give us their name, grade, be input to the database, then at the door, we just check people off by name (it's a small school, so just printing off the few pages of the report and checking people as they come in isn't too daunting.)

Now, my question lies in another system that we're trying to incorporate this year. Normally, parents are required to sign a permission form for EACH dance to let their kids in. This year, we are giving them the chance to sign for ALL dances, OR just the one dance in particular. Now, if you've downloaded the database you'll see the combo box for Permission saying "All" or "Individual". What I was wondering was, once "Individual" is selected, can another set of options (previously grayed out?) become active for use? The new set would simply be three check boxes with dance dates, so that we check the date that they have been given permission for.

If this were done, students who handed in the permission forms for all dances would just have to pay the entrance fee at the next dances, (no more ticking) and students who had individual permission would get another check box ticked as permission for the next dance came in.

Is (any of) this possible? Although I'd love it if anyone just DID what I've described (assuming you were able to understand all of that! ) I'd be grateful if someone was able to walk me through it. If something was unclear, I'd be willing to attempt to clarify it, though like I said, it might be a bit easier to look at the extraordinarily basic database that I have thus far while reading the post.

Thanks in advance!

Isik