Thread: Where are DTS packages stored?

Question Where are DTS packages stored?

Hello, I recently changed the host name of my computer which has caused my SQL 7 to stop working. Ive tried everything i can think of, and several others can think of, to get it back up and running. I get the message "Your SQL server installtion is either corrupt or has been tampered with (unknown package id), please re-run setup" which i have done twice now with no success. Now my concern is turned to the DTS packages i have. Does anyone know where i can find them? I would like to back them up to hopefully avoid rebuilding them for the next 3 weeks. I was told that they could be stored in the master database.

If anyone can please help me on this, it would be MUCH appreciated.

If you save to sql server, they are in msdb..sysdtspackages.

After renaming server, you have to run sql setup again to sync host name in sql. And run following in query analyzer then restart sql service:

sp_dropserevr old_name
    sp_addserver new_name, local
    Last edited by rmiao; 05-20-2003 at 02:27 PM.

still no luck

Hello, thank you for the quick reply. I did rename the server and did re-run setup, twice. When i try to get into the query analyzer i get the following message:

Unable to connect to server \\hakc4d

Server: msg 6, level 16, state 1
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]Specified SQL server not found

In enterprise manager my old server host name is still there. I cannot rename the server there, it is greyed out, and when i try to add a new server to the group and select the new server name i also get an error:

HAKC4D - Specified SQL Server not found (ConnectionOpen(CreateFile())

If i go into properties there i get the same error about it being corrupt or tampered with. It will then ask me if i want to register it anyways, i click yes, but it still wont start the service when i try and when i reboot my system i still get the corrupt/tampered error.

Any ideas?

Can you login using ip address instead of name?

And try connect to it with tcp/ip netlib.