Thread: tornado common tables

tornado common tables

Hello there
    I have a problem with the Tornado common tables feature. Sometimes it works, then a few minutes later without changing the code it doesn't.
    The problem is that on pressing the search button, the filter field is sometimes populated with the the look up filter. Then a few minutes later it is blank- and no amount of refresh or reload will bring it back.
    I am running the office version on local host linking to an access db.
    I wonder if it is cache problem, since sometimes the filter is activated with the drill down for that field.

The basic code is:
    .dbFilterFlds = "field=3|type=SelectBox+B|val=CID|tex=CMPNAME|Note s=Pick a Supplier"

.dbCommonTables= "index=CID,CMPNAME|sql=SELECT SupplierName FROM data1"

.dbLookUpFlds = "field=SupplierName|keyindex=cID|Lookup=CMPNAM E"
    .dbFilterSQL = "Select * From data1 where [[Filter]]"

Sorry to be a bit vague, but does any one have idea what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks
    bart

1. you indicated index = cid,cmpname. That is (2) lookup lists. In your sql, you only suppied (1) list as suppliername. So something is not right.

2. use the Nwind example and make sure it works in your setup and then replace the example with your data. When you have problem, go back to nmwind and reproduce the problem.

3. Send in the problem with the nwind and then we can look at it. sometimes, we'll post the solution/fix to the test server so we cna both see what is going wrong.

4. So not submit your own code with your own DB as there is no way to execute the code here to verify that.

FK

Thanks, Frank,for the pointer in the right direction

I'll look into it and I'll work it out eventually.
    In the meantime the excellent selectbox as master to drive a form will do the job just as well for my purpose - that works just fine
    Bart

The selectbox-form is such a common applicationthat we made it a standard feature.

FK