Thread: Database/Object Transfer failure when Scheduling

Alan Shinnors Guest

Database/Object Transfer failure when Scheduling

Hi Folks,

I have a problem when trying to schedule a Database /Object Transfer.
    The transfer between two similiar databases located on differernt servers is consistantly failing even though it will be successful if I choose the
    Start Transfer Option. The error message that appears is 'Process Exit Code 1. Cannot connect to source server'. This is even with the other server
    regestered on both servers !
    I have tried different levels of security (sa and trusted), re-regestering the servers, WINS settings in TCP/IP but all to no avail.
    The servers are configured in the same way.
    If you have come across the same problem, please share the solution. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Alan Shinnors

Ray Miao Guest

Database/Object Transfer failure when Scheduling (reply)

Try named pipes on both servers.

------------
    Alan Shinnors at 10/18/99 12:15:45 PM

Hi Folks,

I have a problem when trying to schedule a Database /Object Transfer.
    The transfer between two similiar databases located on differernt servers is consistantly failing even though it will be successful if I choose the
    Start Transfer Option. The error message that appears is 'Process Exit Code 1. Cannot connect to source server'. This is even with the other server
    regestered on both servers !
    I have tried different levels of security (sa and trusted), re-regestering the servers, WINS settings in TCP/IP but all to no avail.
    The servers are configured in the same way.
    If you have come across the same problem, please share the solution. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Alan Shinnors