Thread: connecting to SQL server 2000

Stuart Paice Guest

connecting to SQL server 2000

i have just upgraded to SQL Server 2000 enterprise edition and find i cannot connect to it though the sa UID i have set it up in the server but cannot seem to get it working the error looks like

Error # (Get_Connection X) = 80040E4D(-2147217843)
    Description = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    SQL State = 28000
    Native Error = 18452

If anyone can give me a hand i would be greatly appreciated

Frank Kwong Guest

connecting to SQL server 2000 (reply)

I got the same thing !! Hopefully, we don't need a new driver to work with that. Let me know if you have any luck.

Frank

------------
    Stuart Paice at 11/30/00 5:33:34 PM

i have just upgraded to SQL Server 2000 enterprise edition and find i cannot connect to it though the sa UID i have set it up in the server but cannot seem to get it working the error looks like

Description = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    SQL State = 28000
    Native Error = 18452

Frank

------------
    Frank Kwong at 11/30/00 9:22:54 PM

I got the same thing !! Hopefully, we don't need a new driver to work with that. Let me know if you have any luck.

Frank

------------

SQL State = 28000
    Native Error = 18452

Stuart Paice Guest

Frank

i found the problem in SQL server 2000 go to your server group and then the actual server right click go to security properties and and select

SQL server and windows

then apply. this allows the SQL sa logon to work or anyother user you have defined in SQL server 2000

hope this helps i worked for me

Stuart

------------
    Frank Kwong at 11/30/00 9:22:54 PM

Frank

------------

SQL State = 28000
    Native Error = 18452