Thread: Can't get Combined Filter values to Filter using Pro version

Tom Wangerin Guest

Can't get Combined Filter values to Filter using Pro version

In the manual under dbFilterFlds, it describes that more elaborate searches can be done by combining values within the same field. i.e. "Ford or Chrysler".

When I try to do this using the Pro version, it always comes back with no records found. Is this supported under the Pro version or just under the Enterprise? (BTW - I have tried this on the enterprise at a different site and seems to work fine.)

If it is supported under the Pro version are there any senerio's that would not allow it to work. In my code I use dbDropDownFlds to initialy bring up the filter screen. I press the Dropdown ? button to switch to manual entry and enter my "somethingy OR somethingX" the the same field, but can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

-Tom

Mark Guest

Can't get Combined Filter values to Filter using Pro version (reply)

Tom,

You seem to be correct. When a filter field is described as a drop field, you cannot toggle the drop list off then enter two values separated with an "or". It just doesn't work. (maybe it SHOULD!) Enterprise Works but Pro does not. You are using EP though, right?? So what's the problem?

If you MUST have it working in Pro, contact Tech Support and ask for a pre-release copy of the new "Universal" dll. Its filter screen behaves like EP.

Mark.

------------
    Tom Wangerin at 7/21/00 9:53:31 AM

In the manual under dbFilterFlds, it describes that more elaborate searches can be done by combining values within the same field. i.e. "Ford or Chrysler".

When I try to do this using the Pro version, it always comes back with no records found. Is this supported under the Pro version or just under the Enterprise? (BTW - I have tried this on the enterprise at a different site and seems to work fine.)

If it is supported under the Pro version are there any senerio's that would not allow it to work. In my code I use dbDropDownFlds to initialy bring up the filter screen. I press the Dropdown ? button to switch to manual entry and enter my "somethingy OR somethingX" the the same field, but can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom Guest

Thanks Mark,

I have two different Web sites that I am working with, one has Pro the other Enterprise, so I still stuck with the pro site.

What is involved with this new "Universal" Dll. Can this be run in a web root without being installed at the server level? If you don't know I will ask Techsupport when requesting the dll.

Thanks again,

-Tom

------------
    Mark at 7/21/00 10:40:28 AM

Tom,

You seem to be correct. When a filter field is described as a drop field, you cannot toggle the drop list off then enter two values separated with an "or". It just doesn't work. (maybe it SHOULD!) Enterprise Works but Pro does not. You are using EP though, right?? So what's the problem?

If you MUST have it working in Pro, contact Tech Support and ask for a pre-release copy of the new "Universal" dll. Its filter screen behaves like EP.

Mark.

------------

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom Guest

Well it appears that the UNO version does handle the elaborate search features correctly, unfortunately this still doesn't fix the problem in the PRO version. After checking with my Web host, they are not willing to add the UNO version to thier support plan so I will not be able to use the UNO version. (Even if I purchase it they will only support it on a dedicated server! - A little over kill for my situation)

So my question is, will this be fixed in a future build of the PRO version? i.e. is the PRO version suppose to support this as the documentation states?

Thank you for your time.

-Tom
    ------------

Thanks,

-Tom