Thread: win2000 server

binhtran Guest

win2000 server

Hi everyone.
    I have aspdb.pro v2.01 run fine on winNT 4.0 with IIS 4.0 and AD04.0.
    Now I upgraded to win 2000 with IIS5.0 and I have a message"This is a local development version W95 and NT-ws. Your platform ID is '2'.
    What does it mean, and what I need to do?
    Thanks in advance.
    BT

Mark Guest

win2000 server (reply)

Hi Binhtran,

Sounds like you have a really old version. Did you get 2 dll's? One that says ASP-db-Server and one called ASP-db-Local? Maybe you just installed the wrong one. Try using the other one.

BTW: The new version that we are now shipping is a "Universal" version that will run on any platform. Get the latest from support at:

support@aspdb.com

Mark.

------------
    binhtran at 1/4/01 5:31:59 PM

Hi everyone.
    Now I upgraded to win 2000 with IIS5.0 and I have a message"This is a local development version W95 and NT-ws. Your platform ID is '2'.
    Thanks in advance.
    BT

binhTran Guest

win2000 server (reply)

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for quick reply. Yes, I have 2 dll's. I tried one at a time and 2 together. but same result. The "universal" version is free or we have to buy it.
    Thanks
    Bt

------------
    Mark at 1/4/01 5:42:53 PM

Hi Binhtran,

Sounds like you have a really old version. Did you get 2 dll's? One that says ASP-db-Server and one called ASP-db-Local? Maybe you just installed the wrong one. Try using the other one.

BTW: The new version that we are now shipping is a "Universal" version that will run on any platform. Get the latest from support at:

support@aspdb.com

Mark.

------------

Hi everyone.
    Thanks in advance.
    BT

Mark Guest

win2000 server (reply)

Might be free, might not. Depends on what you bought and when. Contact support@aspdb.com for all the details.
    Mark.

------------
    binhTran at 1/4/01 5:52:46 PM

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for quick reply. Yes, I have 2 dll's. I tried one at a time and 2 together. but same result. The "universal" version is free or we have to buy it.
    Thanks
    Bt

------------
    Mark at 1/4/01 5:42:53 PM

Hi Binhtran,

support@aspdb.com

Mark.

------------

Hi everyone.
    Thanks in advance.
    BT