Thread: Inserting Dates with Times

Paul Woods Guest

Inserting Dates with Times

What is the correct way to specify dates with times when inserting data into a SQL Server 7.0 database with EP?

I have not set the DateFormat parameter in dbOptions (since the default should work), and I am able to insert a date as 7/12/00. However, when I try to add a time, such as 7/12/00 12:00:00 PM the insert fails. By turning on dbDebug I am able to see that the error message is: Incorrect or unsupported data type - [dDate = 7/12/200012:00:00PM]

In dbOptions I have tried setting DateWrap=' but that doesn't appear to help.

What's odd to me is that I can do the insert using SQL's Query Analyzer just fine, with INSERT INTO mytable (dDate) VALUES ('7/12/00 12:00:00 PM&#39

Also, if I leave the time off when doing the insert, I am able to go back and do an update with the time included.

I'd just like to be able to enter dates as MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS PM. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Paul

Inserting Dates with Times (reply)

------------
    Paul Woods at 7/11/00 6:01:28 PM

What is the correct way to specify dates with times when inserting data into a SQL Server 7.0 database with EP?

I have not set the DateFormat parameter in dbOptions (since the default should work), and I am able to insert a date as 7/12/00. However, when I try to add a time, such as 7/12/00 12:00:00 PM the insert fails. By turning on dbDebug I am able to see that the error message is: Incorrect or unsupported data type - [dDate = 7/12/200012:00:00PM]

What's odd to me is that I can do the insert using SQL's Query Analyzer just fine, with INSERT INTO mytable (dDate) VALUES ('7/12/00 12:00:00 PM&#39

Also, if I leave the time off when doing the insert, I am able to go back and do an update with the time included.

I'd just like to be able to enter dates as MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS PM. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Paul

Mark Guest

Inserting Dates with Times (reply)

Paul,
    We are aware of this problem and are working to correct it. Are you using the Edit/Copy feature by any chance? That seems to be when it happens the most.
    Please send an email to support@aspdb.com as a reminder that you need this fix.
    Thanks.
    Mark.

------------
    at 7/11/00 7:17:21 PM

------------
    Paul Woods at 7/11/00 6:01:28 PM

Thanks,

Paul