Thread: MC and display first n characters of ntext

Uwe Kraul Guest

MC and display first n characters of ntext

hi all,
    is it possible to display with the mc the first n characters of a field ntext formated field (sql-server)?

best regards uwe

Frank Kwong Guest

MC and display first n characters of ntext (reply)

only type 201 and 203. What type are you talking aboout that thas the need ?

FK

------------
    Uwe Kraul at 7/29/01 3:27:58 PM

hi all,
    is it possible to display with the mc the first n characters of a field ntext formated field (sql-server)?

best regards uwe

Donna Guest

Hi,
    Instead of using Magiccell, why not just read the first n characters using your SQL statement?
    HTH,
    Donna

------------
    Frank Kwong at 7/29/01 7:41:36 PM

FK

------------

hi all,

best regards uwe

Uwe Kraul Guest

hi donna,
    want to implement some kind of news-article system with grid/form mode, so that in grid mode are only displayed the 1st 150 chars and then pressing on the link i get the whole article. with your solution i had to take another script for reading it again.

best regards uwe

------------
    Donna at 7/29/01 10:41:05 PM

Hi,
    Instead of using Magiccell, why not just read the first n characters using your SQL statement?
    HTH,
    Donna

------------

FK

------------

hi all,

best regards uwe

Uwe Kraul Guest

hi frank,
    using sqlserver 7.0 and the datatype ntext. the sql-92-statement synonym for ntext is national text. read reply to donna for what i am needing this.

best regards uwe

------------

FK

------------

hi all,

best regards uwe

Frank Kwong Guest

This does make a little bit of sense .. I have added that to the 2002 release with an MC tag of #(Field:Len)#..

FK

------------
    Uwe Kraul at 7/30/01 3:56:30 AM

hi frank,
    using sqlserver 7.0 and the datatype ntext. the sql-92-statement synonym for ntext is national text. read reply to donna for what i am needing this.

best regards uwe

------------

FK

------------

hi all,

best regards uwe