Thread: ASPDB not working with Internet Explorer 6.0

Charlie Guest

ASPDB not working with Internet Explorer 6.0

AspDB works great with every other version of IE except for version 6.0. When you click on any link, the page refreshes, but the information on the page does not change. I have tried many options with the security settings in the browser. I have installed the latest DLL file on a Win2K server and a NT4.0 server running IIS 5.0/4.0. I can access the pages on the ASPDb website on my IE6.0 browser, but any pages on my servers do not work. Any ideas?

John Guest

ASPDB not working with Internet Explorer 6.0 (reply)

Hi Charlie,

Couple ideas...

First, since you can access OUR ASP-db pages, it implies it's something with your server.

Second, what happens when you access "non-ASP-db" pages? What if you view an ASP-db page on our site, click View Source, save it to disk as an HTM file, then open that with your IE6 there. Should work ok. Now, repeat that process with a file from YOUR server. See if it blows up. If so, analyze the file and find out what's causing the blowup. Send us the file too as we'd like to know!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Charlie at 4/3/2002 5:23:28 PM

AspDB works great with every other version of IE except for version 6.0. When you click on any link, the page refreshes, but the information on the page does not change. I have tried many options with the security settings in the browser. I have installed the latest DLL file on a Win2K server and a NT4.0 server running IIS 5.0/4.0. I can access the pages on the ASPDb website on my IE6.0 browser, but any pages on my servers do not work. Any ideas?

Charlie Muras Guest

Thanks for your response John. I've narrowed it down to the server, but am clueless as to what it could be. I've taken exact replicas of your examples and placed them on our web server and it still doesn't work. I'll tried re-registering the DLL but that didn't resolve the issue. I've tried the newest version on a new server that has never had aspdb installed and recieved the same problem. All non-asp pages work fine. I've tried what you have suggested with the HTML page and can open the page in IE6.0 and on the server. Of course none of the links will work since it is only a static page.

------------
    John at 4/9/2002 3:40:38 AM

Hi Charlie,

Couple ideas...

First, since you can access OUR ASP-db pages, it implies it's something with your server.

Second, what happens when you access "non-ASP-db" pages? What if you view an ASP-db page on our site, click View Source, save it to disk as an HTM file, then open that with your IE6 there. Should work ok. Now, repeat that process with a file from YOUR server. See if it blows up. If so, analyze the file and find out what's causing the blowup. Send us the file too as we'd like to know!

Thanks,
    John

------------

Adrian Topali Guest

The issue is not IE6.
    You probably try to use AspDb on a XP Operating System.
    This causes aspdb not work.
    I have the same problem.
    I tried to run aspdb on IE6 on Windows2000 and it works fine.

------------
    Charlie Muras at 4/11/2002 12:21:13 PM

Thanks for your response John. I've narrowed it down to the server, but am clueless as to what it could be. I've taken exact replicas of your examples and placed them on our web server and it still doesn't work. I'll tried re-registering the DLL but that didn't resolve the issue. I've tried the newest version on a new server that has never had aspdb installed and recieved the same problem. All non-asp pages work fine. I've tried what you have suggested with the HTML page and can open the page in IE6.0 and on the server. Of course none of the links will work since it is only a static page.

------------
    John at 4/9/2002 3:40:38 AM

Hi Charlie,

Couple ideas...

Thanks,
    John

------------

Rex Guest

I encounterd this also but it was actualy the browser security settings. Turn them down a notch and tada! I use aspdb gold on win2000 server with all patches and spks.

------------