Thread: Error # (Get_RS_GetCount - After open mySQL) = 80040E14(-2147217900)

Fabio Guest

Error # (Get_RS_GetCount - After open mySQL) = 80040E14(-2147217900)

I have this message when filtering with aspdb.
    All other features, sorting paging ..., are ok.
    Can you help me ????
    Thank's.
    Bye

John Guest

Error # (Get_RS_GetCount - After open mySQL) = 80040E14(-2147217900) (reply)

Hi Fabio,

It's hard to saw without looking at code. The real question is whether it works ok with standard NWIND code examples like those on our example site? Got to www.aspdbtest.com and click on BASIC then B5. Copy/paste that simple program onto your system and see if the FILTER (search) button works there. If it does, then what's different about your program? Try simplifying your program down to a basic SQL and then try it. Eventually you should be able to determine the problem.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Fabio at 4/2/2002 7:43:57 AM

Can you help me ????
    Thank's.
    Bye

Fabio Guest

Error # (Get_RS_GetCount - After open mySQL) = 80040E14(-2147217900) (reply)

Thanks John.
    I didn't know aspdbtest.com site for getting some examples.
    However, I put a sql statement in dbCountSQL and I set UseRSFilter to true in dbFilterParams.
    Because my sql statement is not so simple and include same field names from two different tables.
    So I tried with dbDebug and I noticed what happens to sql statement inside ASPDB.
    Anyway, I solved my problem and I wish to thank you to give me the site information.
    I'm sure I'll need some help in the future.
    Thank again. bye

------------
    John at 4/3/2002 4:18:28 PM

Hi Fabio,

It's hard to saw without looking at code. The real question is whether it works ok with standard NWIND code examples like those on our example site? Got to www.aspdbtest.com and click on BASIC then B5. Copy/paste that simple program onto your system and see if the FILTER (search) button works there. If it does, then what's different about your program? Try simplifying your program down to a basic SQL and then try it. Eventually you should be able to determine the problem.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Fabio at 4/2/2002 7:43:57 AM

Can you help me ????
    Thank's.
    Bye