Thread: where statement

Kim Richardson Guest

where statement

Good Monday Morning MMS,

I need a little help with something I haven't been able to figure out.

I am using a query (qName) which joins two tables. Table A has Name, Address, etc. Table B has records that contain the persons life history. I can write a query that selects that persons unique records, but is there a way in ASP-db Pro to write a WHERE statements something like this...

MyDb1.dbSQL = "select * FROM qName Where Name=[Kim Richardson]"

I can write the query in Access, but can't seem to figure out how to translate it into ASP-db. Eventually, I need to have some ASP code written, but this is a quick and dirty solution that I need to figure out.

Thanks for any tips you can offer.

Kim

Kim Richardson Guest

Fantastic. Thanks!

John,

The single quotes did the fix. This is a great help. Thanks!

I will be working all week to get ready for a presentation and will get to work testing the heck out of ASP-db Enterprise next week. I can't wait. It really has some great tools to solve some problems I hadn't been able to get around.

Thanks again!

Kim

------------
    John at 3/15/99 2:28:10 PM

Hi Kim,

Your statement looks good except use single quotes instead of brackets. This would be:

MyDb1.dbSQL = "select * FROM qName Where Name='Kim Richardson'"

Hope this helps,
    John

------------
    Kim Richardson at 3/15/99 11:07:46 AM

Good Monday Morning MMS,

I need a little help with something I haven't been able to figure out.

I am using a query (qName) which joins two tables. Table A has Name, Address, etc. Table B has records that contain the persons life history. I can write a query that selects that persons unique records, but is there a way in ASP-db Pro to write a WHERE statements something like this...

MyDb1.dbSQL = "select * FROM qName Where Name=[Kim Richardson]"

I can write the query in Access, but can't seem to figure out how to translate it into ASP-db. Eventually, I need to have some ASP code written, but this is a quick and dirty solution that I need to figure out.

Thanks for any tips you can offer.

Kim