Thread: Unable to save already created package

Jackie Guest

Unable to save already created package

I have about 100 DTS packages and they were created by a user who has left the company. Now I( the new user)am trying to open the packages from another client machine and trying to save them back. I am connecting to SQL server where the packages are stored using NT authentication(domain account).
    When I try to save the package, I get the following error

Ole DB, Only the owner of the DTS package "packagename", or a member of the sysadmin role can create new versions of it".

What I have tried is that I can save the same package with a new name without being a member of the sysadmin role but I cannot save the package with the same name.
    ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Ray Miao Guest

Unable to save already created package (reply)

You can do that as sysadmin.

------------
    Jackie at 9/28/00 6:38:40 PM

I have about 100 DTS packages and they were created by a user who has left the company. Now I( the new user)am trying to open the packages from another client machine and trying to save them back. I am connecting to SQL server where the packages are stored using NT authentication(domain account).

Ole DB, Only the owner of the DTS package "packagename", or a member of the sysadmin role can create new versions of it".

What I have tried is that I can save the same package with a new name without being a member of the sysadmin role but I cannot save the package with the same name.

Jackie Guest

Unable to save already created package (reply)

I know that we can do it as a sysadmin but I was exploring ways to do it outside the sysadmin role.
    Thanks for the posting though.

------------
    Ray Miao at 9/29/00 8:29:23 AM

You can do that as sysadmin.

------------
    Jackie at 9/28/00 6:38:40 PM