Thread: can't update MSAccess database

John Chase Guest

can't update MSAccess database

I have set the dbEditParams as well as the dbEditHideFlds. I hide the primary key as below:
    Mydb.dbEditParams = "TableName=[Consulting Sales], BookMarkFlds=ID,RecordScope=single"
    Mydb.dbEditHideFlds = "ID"

When I try to update, I get an error 80004005 which says "...Operation must use an updatable query".

Am I missing a statement? I have looked at your FAQ and I think I have everything right.

John Guest

can't update MSAccess database (reply)

Hi John,

Turn on X.dbDebug=true and check out the SQL statement that gets generated (near the end of the debug output). See if you can execute that same statement in your local environment (MS Access Query, SQL Mgr, etc.). That's usually a great way to figure out what the problem is.

If nothing pops out at you, post the debug output here and we'll look at it.

------------
    John Chase at 4/13/99 1:57:16 PM

I have set the dbEditParams as well as the dbEditHideFlds. I hide the primary key as below:
    Mydb.dbEditParams = "TableName=[Consulting Sales], BookMarkFlds=ID,RecordScope=single"
    Mydb.dbEditHideFlds = "ID"

When I try to update, I get an error 80004005 which says "...Operation must use an updatable query".

Am I missing a statement? I have looked at your FAQ and I think I have everything right.