Thread: Customize ('paint') field placement in filter forms

Jason Guest

Customize ('paint') field placement in filter forms

This is in response to an old message. I was wondering, have there been any solutions suggested since this question was originally asked?

Thanks,
    Jason

------------
    Yash Varma at 3/18/99 10:25:15 AM

Hi all,

just a quick question. Does anyone know if you are able to customise the placement of fields within the filter form. I have large filter criterias and they
    go off the page it would be nicer to be able to put them into two collumns instead of one so that users do not have to scroll down each time they wish to use the filter form.

Thanks in advance.

Yash

-------------
    John at 3/19/99 9:23:47 AM

Hi Yash,

We're working on it! We've tried numerous ways to allow you to "paint" your own filter form, etc., and haven't come up with a solution we're happy with yet. When we've got a solution, it will show up on the What's New section of our home page, and it will be included in the Enterprise version.

Thanks,
    John

Mark Guest

Customize ('paint') field placement in filter forms (reply)

Jason,

Yes, you can do that using ASP-db Templates. That feature is include in ASP-db 2000 Gold. See an example at:
    Examples 2, 6 at: http://www.aspdb.com/UNO

I hope that helps.

Mark.

------------
    Jason at 2/28/01 3:40:17 PM

This is in response to an old message. I was wondering, have there been any solutions suggested since this question was originally asked?

Thanks,
    Jason

------------
    Yash Varma at 3/18/99 10:25:15 AM

Hi all,

just a quick question. Does anyone know if you are able to customise the placement of fields within the filter form. I have large filter criterias and they
    go off the page it would be nicer to be able to put them into two collumns instead of one so that users do not have to scroll down each time they wish to use the filter form.

Thanks in advance.

Yash

-------------
    John at 3/19/99 9:23:47 AM

Hi Yash,

We're working on it! We've tried numerous ways to allow you to "paint" your own filter form, etc., and haven't come up with a solution we're happy with yet. When we've got a solution, it will show up on the What's New section of our home page, and it will be included in the Enterprise version.

Thanks,
    John