Thread: replication

Minesh Guest

replication

I am trying to do mearge replication with in our organisation. One server is located at server room(version 7.0) and it runs on NT server. Another server(desktop edition (version 7.0)) is at my desktop runs on NT Workstation. I am creating mearge replication from my machine making server room machine as Publisher and distributor and my desktop server as subscriber. But after creating replication when i view mearge agent job status it says that connection to my machine is failed. And because of this my replication is not working.

any answer how to solve the problem ?

Santha Kumar Guest

replication (reply)

Make Sure that you are running "SQL Server Agent" service in both the servers. Also make sure that you are logging into both the servers with the same login.

Regards,
    Santha.

------------
    Minesh at 2/16/01 11:29:25 AM

I am trying to do mearge replication with in our organisation. One server is located at server room(version 7.0) and it runs on NT server. Another server(desktop edition (version 7.0)) is at my desktop runs on NT Workstation. I am creating mearge replication from my machine making server room machine as Publisher and distributor and my desktop server as subscriber. But after creating replication when i view mearge agent job status it says that connection to my machine is failed. And because of this my replication is not working.

replication (reply)

thanks, but on both the servers "SQL Server Agent" service is running and i am also logging into both the servers with the same login with sa server role

------------
    Santha Kumar at 2/16/01 2:49:20 PM

Make Sure that you are running "SQL Server Agent" service in both the servers. Also make sure that you are logging into both the servers with the same login.

Regards,
    Santha.

------------
    Minesh at 2/16/01 11:29:25 AM