Thread: SQL MAPI Problem

alex p Guest

SQL MAPI Problem

I am trying to install SQL Mail to send automatic system messages. The SQL Mail service starts but when I try to test it I get the following error. Does any one have any solution to this problem?

Error: A Mapi error ( error number 273) occured. Unable to get the default MAPI message Store due to MAPI error 273. The information store could not be opened.

Alex P Guest

SQL MAPI Problem (reply)

The MSSQL Service, SQL Agent, Mail Account name have the same account name. The acoount log on as a service and has sysadmin rights in the sql server. I have also set up the POP3 and smtp addresses in the mail profile. The first thing I suspect is that the exchange mail account is on differnt domain. Will this cause any problem? Does the exchage server have to be aet up in the same domain? Infact the SQL service started working only after I set up the SMTP and POP3 server addresses.

------------
    B at 8/15/00 5:14:59 PM

One other thing, You must have the SQL Agent service start with the same ID that you are currently logged in as and the email account.
    IE
    Domain Account Name = SQLAgent
    Mail Account Name = SQLAgent@Hotmail.com
    And Log into the server with ID to set the Exchange client properties in the Control Panel under the Mail icon.

I will check back with you tomorrow.

B Guest

SQL MAPI Problem (reply)

Alex,
    I think that trying this from a different domain is going beyond what I can offer. You might want to repost and state in the original question that you are trying for different domains between the two servers. One question though, Does the ID that is used to start the SQLServiceAgent have the same domainid of the domain that the exchange client is in? Other than that, I am not sure I can help, as I have never tried to cross the domains. Did you try to set up the email account as an internet email account instead of local exchange account?
    Also, I am sure you have hit this one, but...
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/sql/content/howtos/SQL7mail.asp

------------
    Alex P at 8/17/00 7:53:02 AM

The MSSQL Service, SQL Agent, Mail Account name have the same account name. The acoount log on as a service and has sysadmin rights in the sql server. I have also set up the POP3 and smtp addresses in the mail profile. The first thing I suspect is that the exchange mail account is on differnt domain. Will this cause any problem? Does the exchage server have to be aet up in the same domain? Infact the SQL service started working only after I set up the SMTP and POP3 server addresses.