Thread: Remote management

Susan Guest

Remote management

Hello!
    My login is dbo for a database located at a remote server(SQL server7.0).Can I run the stored procedures of that database by accessing remotely.Also I have to manage that database from here,what limitations that I will have if I am not an SA for that server?Any help is appreciated.I am operating from NT workstation4.0.

Jason Guest

Remote management (reply)

Yes, you should be able to run any stored procs remotely, just use the proper syntax:
    <servername>.<databasename>.<owner>.<stored_proc_n ame>. You should also be able to
    perform any tasks that you have granted your dbo user. If you need to do all things that the sa
    login can do, give your user the system admin role(it&#39;s a builtin sql server role on all dbs).
    Hope this helps.

------------
    Susan at 4/18/00 12:54:54 PM

Hello!
    My login is dbo for a database located at a remote server(SQL server7.0).Can I run the stored procedures of that database by accessing remotely.Also I have to manage that database from here,what limitations that I will have if I am not an SA for that server?Any help is appreciated.I am operating from NT workstation4.0.