Thread: SQL 6.5 vs. SQL 7 - Username missing in Event Viewer

Erl Egestad Guest

SQL 6.5 vs. SQL 7 - Username missing in Event Viewer

Hello Everyone:

I'm in the process of verifying that all functionality in a version 6.5 database is still there in SQL 7.0. After the upgrade, one issue seems different.

When I attach to a SQL 6.5 database, the full username used in the connection is displayed in the Windows NT Event Viewer. But when I attach to the same database in SQL 7, the username shows up in the Event Viewer as 'N/A'. I've verified that audit permissions are set the same on both boxes both under SQL and in User Manager. Any ideas??

Nancy M Guest

SQL 6.5 vs. SQL 7 - Username missing in Event Viewer (reply)

Erl, we have the same problem. I would very much like to get the NT username back in the SQL Server event log entries! We are using mixed security.

Did you ever find a solution? Or can anyone else help?

------------
    Erl Egestad at 3/24/99 3:49:00 PM

Hello Everyone:

I'm in the process of verifying that all functionality in a version 6.5 database is still there in SQL 7.0. After the upgrade, one issue seems different.

When I attach to a SQL 6.5 database, the full username used in the connection is displayed in the Windows NT Event Viewer. But when I attach to the same database in SQL 7, the username shows up in the Event Viewer as 'N/A'. I've verified that audit permissions are set the same on both boxes both under SQL and in User Manager. Any ideas??