Thread: SQL Script generation from table/database

Wilson Guest

SQL Script generation from table/database

Have any Methods which can generate a SQL script file from a table or database. This script file consists of the Table/database structure and the data. This data is backup by a number of "insert" syntax code and so on ...
    Thanks!!!!

Craig Guest

SQL Script generation from table/database (reply)

Enterprise manager can script any objects on your database.

See books online.

------------
    Wilson at 4/5/00 1:49:26 AM

Have any Methods which can generate a SQL script file from a table or database. This script file consists of the Table/database structure and the data. This data is backup by a number of "insert" syntax code and so on ...
    Thanks!!!!

wilson Guest

I know Enterprise manager can script any objects on my database. But, as I have known, it cannot to script the data in the table. I want to backup the data in the table by a number of "insert" syntax.
    Thanks!!!

------------
    Craig at 4/5/00 7:38:56 AM

See books online.

------------

Thanks!!!!

jeriah Guest

A little late, but maybe helpful...

Use a cursor to capture all the user tables, then use xp_cmdshell and bcp to bcp the data out...

Code sample

create table #tables
    (name varchar(255))
    INSERT INTO #tables
    SELECT NAME
    FROM sysobjects
    where type = 'U'

SELECT @cmdline = 'bcp ' + @dbname + '..' + @tablename + ' out ' + @path + '' + @tablename + '.dat -c -t~ -T'

EXEC master..xp_cmdshell @cmdline, NO_OUTPUT

------------
    at 4/12/00 10:58:24 PM

I know Enterprise manager can script any objects on my database. But, as I have known, it cannot to script the data in the table. I want to backup the data in the table by a number of "insert" syntax. Have any method to create a sql file which has a numbere of "insert" syntax to backup the data in a table. Also, how to create a trigger to update the sql file when the data in the table is updated.
    Thanks!!!

------------
    wilson at 4/5/00 8:48:19 AM

I know Enterprise manager can script any objects on my database. But, as I have known, it cannot to script the data in the table. I want to backup the data in the table by a number of "insert" syntax.
    Thanks!!!

------------
    Craig at 4/5/00 7:38:56 AM

See books online.

------------

Thanks!!!!