Thread: DTS Datapump task error

barath M Guest

DTS Datapump task error

Hi,

I get this error when I execute a job calling a dts pkg. The package itself is fine and executes without any error.It's transferring around 400000 records. Shceduling the pkg gives the following error.
    Can any body led a hand please?

DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 1000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 1000 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 2000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2000 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 3000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 3000 DTSRun OnProgre... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Thanks in advance
    Barath M

Craig Guest

DTS Datapump task error (reply)

If it runs ok, but fails when it is schedule, it means that the account that the SQL server agent is started with does not have permissions to a resource.

Craig

------------
    barath M at 8/29/00 10:39:58 AM

Hi,

I get this error when I execute a job calling a dts pkg. The package itself is fine and executes without any error.It's transferring around 400000 records. Shceduling the pkg gives the following error.

DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 1000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 1000 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 2000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2000 DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 3000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 3000 DTSRun OnProgre... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Thanks in advance
    Barath M

BarathM Guest

Hi Craig,

The job sometimes fail and sometimes doesn't. I assume this is not to do with the permission and also the datapump takes more than half a gig of memory to do the pump.

Thanks
    Barath

------------
    Craig at 8/29/00 10:54:23 AM

If it runs ok, but fails when it is schedule, it means that the account that the SQL server agent is started with does not have permissions to a resource.

Craig

------------

Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Barath M

Craig Guest

Had not heard that.

You need to set sql trace on that job and see what it fails with.

------------
    BarathM at 8/30/00 3:37:40 AM

Hi Craig,

The job sometimes fail and sometimes doesn't. I assume this is not to do with the permission and also the datapump takes more than half a gig of memory to do the pump.

Thanks
    Barath

------------
    Craig at 8/29/00 10:54:23 AM

Craig

------------

Hi,

Thanks in advance
    Barath M