Thread: User pc running apps for both 6.5 and 7.0

dick scherrer Guest

User pc running apps for both 6.5 and 7.0

If a user's pc needs to run 2 different applications (sold by 2 different vendors) and one must be 6.5 and the other must be 7.0, are there any problems with the client machine?

My understanding is that each of the apps comes with the pieces it needs to connect. I'm trying now to reach the tech types at the vendors and ask what kind of custom setup (if any) is needed on a user workstation or if the install does everything. If they come with their own dlls and odbc data sources, might all be well?

Does anyone have apps loaded on a desktop that connects to both a 6.5 and a 7.0?

Thanx,

Dick Scherrer

User pc running apps for both 6.5 and 7.0 (reply)

Should not be a problem. Both versions of the ODBC driver work fine to hit both servers.

------------
    dick scherrer at 9/8/99 1:58:35 PM

If a user's pc needs to run 2 different applications (sold by 2 different vendors) and one must be 6.5 and the other must be 7.0, are there any problems with the client machine?

My understanding is that each of the apps comes with the pieces it needs to connect. I'm trying now to reach the tech types at the vendors and ask what kind of custom setup (if any) is needed on a user workstation or if the install does everything. If they come with their own dlls and odbc data sources, might all be well?

Does anyone have apps loaded on a desktop that connects to both a 6.5 and a 7.0?

Thanx,

Dick Scherrer