Thread: Enterprise Mgr Querry Error

Tom Bartos Guest

Enterprise Mgr Querry Error

There are 3 servers in our group which the Local Enterprise Manager Tool is giving us an error when we try to view local DB table data by right-clicking on the table and selecting return all rows... we get this error I thought this was a permissions error but as far as I know we haven't played with the permissions. This seems to be a common ailment here... does anyone have a fix for the EM tool.

An unexpected error happened during this operation.
    [Query] - Query Designer encountered a Query error:
    Unspecified error

Enterprise Mgr Querry Error (reply)

I wish I could tell you why this happens. I can not for the life of me remember what I did to fix this when it happened about a month ago.

All I can think of was that either I checked that the user was still current, maybe I changed the protocol (for something else) and I know I rebooted the machine because it had a couple processes I could not kill.

After restarting it has worked fine, but I can not give you an exact reason nor fix. Hopefully this will help you think of something!

------------
    Tom Bartos at 12/29/99 5:46:17 PM

There are 3 servers in our group which the Local Enterprise Manager Tool is giving us an error when we try to view local DB table data by right-clicking on the table and selecting return all rows... we get this error I thought this was a permissions error but as far as I know we haven't played with the permissions. This seems to be a common ailment here... does anyone have a fix for the EM tool.

Unspecified error

Tom Bartos Guest

Enterprise Mgr Querry Error (reply)

There was a posting with a similar problem and his soln was a Reboot. When in doubt Reboot...
    and she's working fine Captian!
    -Tom

------------
    at 1/3/00 3:05:19 PM

I wish I could tell you why this happens. I can not for the life of me remember what I did to fix this when it happened about a month ago.

All I can think of was that either I checked that the user was still current, maybe I changed the protocol (for something else) and I know I rebooted the machine because it had a couple processes I could not kill.

After restarting it has worked fine, but I can not give you an exact reason nor fix. Hopefully this will help you think of something!

------------
    Tom Bartos at 12/29/99 5:46:17 PM

Unspecified error