Thread: Not specified

sa Guest

Not specified

I'm running SQL Server 7.0 and in the morning received the following message
    and immidiately after the server went for a reboot.

ERROR :
    Could not allocate new page for database 'TEMPDB'. There are no more pages available in filegroup DEFAULT. Space can be created by dropping objects, adding additional files, or allowing file growth..

However,I fail to understand why I got the above error even though the temp database is configured to grow automatically by 10% and also why did the SQL
    Server went for a reboot? Can anyone help me on this
    Thanks!

Ray Miao Guest

Not specified (reply)

Check if tempdb is auto grow or you have enough disk space for it.

------------
    sa at 1/24/01 1:41:35 PM

ERROR :
    Could not allocate new page for database 'TEMPDB'. There are no more pages available in filegroup DEFAULT. Space can be created by dropping objects, adding additional files, or allowing file growth..

However,I fail to understand why I got the above error even though the temp database is configured to grow automatically by 10% and also why did the SQL
    Thanks!

Not specified (reply)

Yes, the tempdb is configured to autogrow by 10% and I've arround 70GB of
    space available.

------------
    Ray Miao at 1/24/01 2:23:17 PM

Check if tempdb is auto grow or you have enough disk space for it.

------------
    sa at 1/24/01 1:41:35 PM

ERROR :

Thanks!