Thread: DB-Library Network Error....

Sumit Guest

DB-Library Network Error....

I have an application running on win 95/98 m/c which connects to SQl Server 6.5 Server on NT 4.0. From some of the client m/c i get an error message - 'DB-Library network Communications layer not loaded'. But from this client i am able to log on and use the enterprise manager. What could be the problem and how to resolve it ?
    Thanks.

Ray Miao Guest

DB-Library Network Error.... (reply)

Win9x uses tcp/ip only to talk to sql server. If your app uses named pipes, you'll have problem.

------------
    Sumit at 2/24/00 2:27:38 PM

I have an application running on win 95/98 m/c which connects to SQl Server 6.5 Server on NT 4.0. From some of the client m/c i get an error message - 'DB-Library network Communications layer not loaded'. But from this client i am able to log on and use the enterprise manager. What could be the problem and how to resolve it ?
    Thanks.

Sumit Guest

But i am able to run the same application from other win 95 machines.

------------
    Ray Miao at 2/24/00 3:48:06 PM

Win9x uses tcp/ip only to talk to sql server. If your app uses named pipes, you'll have problem.

------------

Thanks.

Bob Guest

Try setting your clients configuration to tcp/ip.

------------
    Sumit at 2/24/00 4:03:50 PM

But i am able to run the same application from other win 95 machines.

------------
    Ray Miao at 2/24/00 3:48:06 PM

------------

Thanks.

vasudha Guest

I encountered the same error message recently.. try changing SQL server's log on account to a local system account or another domain/admin acct and re-start the service

------------

Thanks.