Thread: can not start sql server

betty lee Guest

can not start sql server

Hi

I have a problem starting my SQL server. It all started when I had a database that has been trying to restore for days. I followed the instruction give by Kevin J McCarthy - (I did not follow the instruction correctly) - put a trace flag at start up flag 3608 -T3608. However, I did that within the Enterprise manager - under profile. Stopped the SQL server and tried to restart. It will not restart. I tried putting a /f flag at start up - this time under the NT service startup dialog box, I started the database, but I cannot access the SQL Server because of invalid login. In the NT event viewer, it has this message

Your profile was not successfully loaded, but you have been logged on with the default system profile. Please correct the problem and log off. (5)

I know I entered the correct login and password because I am the administrator. Please help!

Thanks in advance
    Betty Li

can not start sql server (reply)

Hi

Just want to add more details. I ran the sqlservr from the command line and got the following messages

-
    -
    -
    00/04/05 18:34:13.56 spid1 Launched startup procedure 'sp_sqlregister'
    00/04/05 18:34:13.65 spid54 Error : 615, Severity: 21, State: 1
    00/04/05 18:34:13.65 spid54 Unable to find database table id = 2, name tempdb'.

Does this mean my tempdb is corrupted.

Thanks
    Betty

------------
    betty lee at 4/5/00 6:30:46 PM

Hi

I have a problem starting my SQL server. It all started when I had a database that has been trying to restore for days. I followed the instruction give by Kevin J McCarthy - (I did not follow the instruction correctly) - put a trace flag at start up flag 3608 -T3608. However, I did that within the Enterprise manager - under profile. Stopped the SQL server and tried to restart. It will not restart. I tried putting a /f flag at start up - this time under the NT service startup dialog box, I started the database, but I cannot access the SQL Server because of invalid login. In the NT event viewer, it has this message

Your profile was not successfully loaded, but you have been logged on with the default system profile. Please correct the problem and log off. (5)

I know I entered the correct login and password because I am the administrator. Please help!

Thanks in advance
    Betty Li