Thread: 6.5 to 7.0 Conversion

Max Guest

6.5 to 7.0 Conversion

just wondering if anyone out there has any advice or feedback regarding an upgrade conversion from 6.5 to 7.0 via the wizard? is this as straightforward as it sounds?

the only bad thing i have heard is when an upgrade is done from 6.5 to 7.0 and the 6.5 database utilized system tables . . . any feedback would be sincerely appreciated.

thank you in advance!

Tom Willetts Guest

6.5 to 7.0 Conversion (reply)

Max,

It is straightforward, I've done it a few times now, however things to watch out for:
    You're right about system tables, as they change in 7.0 so if your referencing system tables to work out space usage, etc your queries or sp's may not work any more.

Also your databases are created in auto extend mode, so if they fill up they will extend the database devices by 10% of their current size, depending on your point of view this may be a good or bad thing.

Otherwise you shouldnt have a problem.

Tom W

------------
    Max at 4/12/00 9:20:10 AM

just wondering if anyone out there has any advice or feedback regarding an upgrade conversion from 6.5 to 7.0 via the wizard? is this as straightforward as it sounds?

the only bad thing i have heard is when an upgrade is done from 6.5 to 7.0 and the 6.5 database utilized system tables . . . any feedback would be sincerely appreciated.

thank you in advance!

Max Guest

6.5 to 7.0 Conversion (reply)

Hey thanks Tom!

------------
    Tom Willetts at 4/12/00 10:38:17 AM

Max,

It is straightforward, I've done it a few times now, however things to watch out for:
    You're right about system tables, as they change in 7.0 so if your referencing system tables to work out space usage, etc your queries or sp's may not work any more.

Also your databases are created in auto extend mode, so if they fill up they will extend the database devices by 10% of their current size, depending on your point of view this may be a good or bad thing.

Otherwise you shouldnt have a problem.

Tom W

------------
    Max at 4/12/00 9:20:10 AM

thank you in advance!