Thread: Replication (production issue URGENT)

Melissa Guest

Replication (production issue URGENT)

I want to perform replication between two servers but i don't have a clue ,
    first i use configure rep then either pull or push subcription.
    once this is done what need to be done,basically i need to have a copy of few tables which r on this server on to destination server.(immediately)

Once i do the above where will the data and tables be populated.How do i find out if the table and data have been populated.

Do i need to create same database and tables first to perform this. do i need to specify which database it should use if so how and where should i specify this to point to the destination from source.

ur help is greatly appriciated.

Melissa

Replication (production issue URGENT) (reply)

Here are the steps:

1. Take a backup of the database and restore on to destination server.
    2. Run Configure Publishing and Distriution wizard from 'Tools',

------------
    Melissa at 1/12/01 12:38:00 PM

once this is done what need to be done,basically i need to have a copy of few tables which r on this server on to destination server.(immediately)

Once i do the above where will the data and tables be populated.How do i find out if the table and data have been populated.

Do i need to create same database and tables first to perform this. do i need to specify which database it should use if so how and where should i specify this to point to the destination from source.

Melissa

Kalyan Guest

Replication (production issue URGENT) (reply)

Hi,

Sorry for the prevous incomplete reply.

3. Select the source server as the distributor, select the Database to
    be replicated, select the type of replication as 'Tran', and select the
    subscriber as your destination server. 4. Click on the Create and Manage replication option from the 'Tools', select the database and click on 'Create Publication'. 5. Select the tables needed to be replicated. 6. Click on Push new subscription, select the subscriber from the list. And you are ready to go.
    ------------
    Melissa at 1/12/01 12:38:00 PM

Melissa