Thread: Capturing Queries

Pete Karhatsu Guest

Capturing Queries

Is there any way(other than Profiler) to capture a full SQL Query statment. I've used dbcc inputbuffer and the current activity screen, both return 255 characters. I'd like to capture the whole query. Thanks

Pete Karhatsu

Capturing Queries (reply)

i use Embarcadero's DBArtisan 5.1 .. its the best thing i have found to date..
    kim

------------
    Pete Karhatsu at 5/22/00 10:20:41 AM

Is there any way(other than Profiler) to capture a full SQL Query statment. I've used dbcc inputbuffer and the current activity screen, both return 255 characters. I'd like to capture the whole query. Thanks

Pete Karhatsu

Pete Karhatsu Guest

Thanks Kim,
    I'll take a look at it. I think it's included asa a demo in one of my books...

------------
    at 5/22/00 10:31:39 AM

kim

------------

Pete Karhatsu

Pete Karhatsu Guest

I installed ver 5.02. I still am limited to 255 character displays. Looks like a well done program, I immediately found several useful tools. Here is a note from their Faq:

When I display the SQL for a SQL Server process using the Process Monitor window, the statement seems to be truncated. Why?
    DBArtisan uses the DBCC INPUTBUFFER command to access this information and the column used to retrieve information about a process is limited to a nvarchar(255) datatype.

Thanks,

Pete Karhatsu

------------
    at 5/22/00 10:31:39 AM

kim

------------

Pete Karhatsu