Thread: Please Help me in administering SQL database on the site.

Venkat Reddy Guest

Please Help me in administering SQL database on the site.

I am new to the internet field. Can anybody help me in administering the SQL database on the site. Are there any tools so that I can administer the database on the site straight from my PC??? If there, please tell the URLs so that I can refer them. And please tell me other issues which are involved in administering the database on site.

How can I maintain a parellel SQL server database on my PC?? How can I take backup from my site to the SQL database which is placed in my PC?? I want to keep backup of my database in my PC.

Please help me in these issues.

Venkat Reddy
    gv.reddy@usa.net

Read BOL Guest

Please Help me in administering SQL database on the site. (reply)

Read Books Online.

------------
    Venkat Reddy at 7/25/00 6:12:58 AM

I am new to the internet field. Can anybody help me in administering the SQL database on the site. Are there any tools so that I can administer the database on the site straight from my PC??? If there, please tell the URLs so that I can refer them. And please tell me other issues which are involved in administering the database on site.

How can I maintain a parellel SQL server database on my PC?? How can I take backup from my site to the SQL database which is placed in my PC?? I want to keep backup of my database in my PC.

Venkat Reddy
    gv.reddy@usa.net

Ram Guest

Please Help me in administering SQL database on the site. (reply)

Hi Venkat,
    There are two ways to do this, as far as I know. One is, you should install any remote connect software on the server and as well as on your pc. So that you can directly work on server. Another way is configure the server in your client network utility with IP address instead of server name. And you can administer from your pc.

Good luck.

Ram.

------------
    Venkat Reddy at 7/25/00 6:12:58 AM

Venkat Reddy
    gv.reddy@usa.net