Thread: DTS Designer Error in SQL 2000

Barb Guest

DTS Designer Error in SQL 2000

I am testing SQL Server 2000 and after having installed it on a machine with SQL 7 already on it everything went OK.

However, if I try to create a DTS package (or open and existing one) on either of my SQL Server instances I get a "DTS Designer Error". After which, the DTS package window opens but I can't see any of the tasks in the tool bar. I can't select any tasks from the Task option in the menu bar either.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Barb

David Guest

DTS Designer Error in SQL 2000 (reply)

Hi Barb,

Major problem editing or creating DTS packages using the SQL 2000 client. They DO NOT work on an SQL 7.0 server. Not backwardly compatible!!!.

Your best bet is to remove the SQL Server client tools from the SQL 7.0 server you installed it on, until you upgrade to SQL2000.

Cheers,

David

------------
    Barb at 10/19/01 12:04:17 PM

I am testing SQL Server 2000 and after having installed it on a machine with SQL 7 already on it everything went OK.

However, if I try to create a DTS package (or open and existing one) on either of my SQL Server instances I get a "DTS Designer Error". After which, the DTS package window opens but I can't see any of the tasks in the tool bar. I can't select any tasks from the Task option in the menu bar either.

Thanks.
    Barb

Barb Guest

DTS Designer Error in SQL 2000 (reply)

I have one server that is SQL2000, and the client tools are SQL2000. When I try to edit or even create a new package, I still receive the error:

When I attempt to go into the "Designer" (right click on package, select "design package&#34, I receive a message box titled "DTS Designer Error" with the message "Class Not Registered". I can click OK, I and get into the "Designer" window, but I can't do anything.

For example, when I double click on the "connection arrow", the message "No provider is selected. To continue, you must select a valid provider" appears.

Thanks for your help.

Barb
    ------------
    David at 10/22/01 6:56:26 AM

Hi Barb,

Major problem editing or creating DTS packages using the SQL 2000 client. They DO NOT work on an SQL 7.0 server. Not backwardly compatible!!!.

Your best bet is to remove the SQL Server client tools from the SQL 7.0 server you installed it on, until you upgrade to SQL2000.

Cheers,

David

------------
    Barb at 10/19/01 12:04:17 PM

Thanks.
    Barb