Thread: Insconsistant Metadata

Jeff M. Guest

Insconsistant Metadata

Hi All!

I recently added a column to an existing table with a getdate default. When doing a query from that server everything works fine. When a query is ran from a remote server I get an SQLOLEDB error message saying 'inconsistant metadata'. I've tried dropping the remote server and reconnecting but that didn't seem to resolve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error. I believe the error number is 7353.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks Jeff!

Jeff Putnam Guest

Insconsistant Metadata (reply)

This is usually caused by a change in the table between compilation time and execution time.. you could force recompile on the proc and try it again. If that doesn't solve the problem, check profiler to see what column is causing the problem. Consult BOL for other info.

------------
    Jeff M. at 8/22/01 10:41:27 AM

Hi All!

I recently added a column to an existing table with a getdate default. When doing a query from that server everything works fine. When a query is ran from a remote server I get an SQLOLEDB error message saying 'inconsistant metadata'. I've tried dropping the remote server and reconnecting but that didn't seem to resolve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error. I believe the error number is 7353.

Thanks Jeff!

Ivan Guest

Insconsistant Metadata (reply)

This might help. Go to
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/0/97.ASP

Thanks,
    Ivan

------------
    Jeff Putnam at 8/23/01 9:24:31 AM

This is usually caused by a change in the table between compilation time and execution time.. you could force recompile on the proc and try it again. If that doesn't solve the problem, check profiler to see what column is causing the problem. Consult BOL for other info.

------------
    Jeff M. at 8/22/01 10:41:27 AM

Hi All!

Thanks Jeff!