Thread: Parameter is Missing in a dts package

Dianne Watson Guest

Parameter is Missing in a dts package

Here is the problem.

SQL server 7.0 running Service Pack 2.0 has some DTS packages on it. A user puts service pack 3.0 on his workstation. Now we cannot open the package.
    We are getting the Parameter is missing errror message. I remember somewhere you go and change a binary setting. Does anyone know how we can fix this?

Thanks,
    Dianne

Jeff Putnam Guest

Parameter is Missing in a dts package (reply)

The only solution I've found for this is to upgrade the server to sp3.

------------
    Dianne Watson at 6/26/01 1:55:50 PM

Here is the problem.

SQL server 7.0 running Service Pack 2.0 has some DTS packages on it. A user puts service pack 3.0 on his workstation. Now we cannot open the package.
    We are getting the Parameter is missing errror message. I remember somewhere you go and change a binary setting. Does anyone know how we can fix this?

Thanks,
    Dianne

Bill Guest

You may try opening a version of the DTS package that was saved previous to the person installing SP3 on the workstation. If you can open a previous version then save it as the current version.

------------
    Jeff Putnam at 6/26/01 2:10:11 PM

------------

Here is the problem.

Thanks,
    Dianne

Kevin Guest

Every time I get that, it is because the SPs are inconsistent. Change the user back to SP2 or upgrade the server and all other developer workstations

------------
    Bill at 6/29/01 10:10:01 AM

You may try opening a version of the DTS package that was saved previous to the person installing SP3 on the workstation. If you can open a previous version then save it as the current version.

------------
    Jeff Putnam at 6/26/01 2:10:11 PM

------------

Here is the problem.

Thanks,
    Dianne