Thread: DTS prob

Andie Guest

DTS prob

I have to transfer some data from my SQL Server 7.0 database on NT Pro to a Unix server as a text file. This has to be scheduled as a weekly job.
    I can use DTS to transfer data into a text file , but is there a way by which i can export this file to a Unix server also ?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray Miao Guest

DTS prob (reply)

ftp.

------------
    Andie at 5/17/01 2:16:15 PM

I have to transfer some data from my SQL Server 7.0 database on NT Pro to a Unix server as a text file. This has to be scheduled as a weekly job.
    I can use DTS to transfer data into a text file , but is there a way by which i can export this file to a Unix server also ?

Thanks!

Andie Guest

DTS prob (reply)

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    But I am not much familiar with FTP - where could I get more info on this topic ?

Thanks a bunch!

------------
    Ray Miao at 5/17/01 2:53:03 PM

ftp.

------------

Thanks!

Marty Bostick Guest

DTS prob (reply)

I would look at the windows nt help file for FTP usage. I have several DTS packages in place currently that utilize FTP to retrieve files from an AS/400 server. The easiest implementation of this would be to script all of the FTP commands for sending or receiving the file(s) and then call them as the last step in a scheduled job. The first step should be to call your DTS package. This way, the file(s) never get transferred if the DTS step fails in the job.

------------
    Andie at 5/18/01 8:44:55 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    But I am not much familiar with FTP - where could I get more info on this topic ?

Thanks a bunch!

------------
    Ray Miao at 5/17/01 2:53:03 PM

ftp.

------------

Thanks!