Thread: plz Help - EM hangs

Ann Guest

plz Help - EM hangs

I posted a message about this yesterday but I have more info..

I have a server (SQL 7.0, sp2) that anywhere I connect to it through EM the EM hangs. I can drill down into the server and even get into the Security drop down but if I hit Databases to drill down or Management etc. It hangs.

I did profiler on this and another server. When I click the + by the Database folder I hang and get
    "TSQL:Batch Starting: exec sp_MSdbuseraccess N'db', N'%'"
    but never get a "TSQL:BatchCompleted" for that statement. (Where other working servers I do get the set of both start and completed)

Drilling into the Security tab runs the query: exec sp_MSDBUserpriv... etc.) and this one works..

Anyone have any info on: exec sp_MSdbuseraccess N'db', N'%'

I can't find anything in BOL, Microsoft KB, Technet etc.. Please Help as there are certain things I can't do without EM... THANKS!!!

Patrick Guest

plz Help - EM hangs (reply)

Well, no official information on sp_MSdbuseraccess (MS means MS)
    On a server where you have correct/rapid access
    go to the Master database,
    then the stored proc.
    then find sp_MSdbuseraccess ,
    then open it and read.

This proc. looks at the databse status ...

Bye
    Patrick

------------
    Ann at 6/26/01 12:22:56 PM

I posted a message about this yesterday but I have more info..

I have a server (SQL 7.0, sp2) that anywhere I connect to it through EM the EM hangs. I can drill down into the server and even get into the Security drop down but if I hit Databases to drill down or Management etc. It hangs.

I did profiler on this and another server. When I click the + by the Database folder I hang and get
    "TSQL:Batch Starting: exec sp_MSdbuseraccess N'db', N'%'"
    but never get a "TSQL:BatchCompleted" for that statement. (Where other working servers I do get the set of both start and completed)

Drilling into the Security tab runs the query: exec sp_MSDBUserpriv... etc.) and this one works..

Anyone have any info on: exec sp_MSdbuseraccess N'db', N'%'

I can't find anything in BOL, Microsoft KB, Technet etc.. Please Help as there are certain things I can't do without EM... THANKS!!!