Thread: ODBC Connection Problems

Reggie Guest

ODBC Connection Problems

Has anyone had any problems connecting to SQL server 7.0 using ODBC connection? When I create a dsn within odbc to connect to my sql server the test connection is good. But when I go into access to link the table I get an odbc error message, reading something like, the stored procedure need to complete this task could not be found on this server.

Thanks

David Westmore Guest

ODBC Connection Problems (reply)

I use ODBC all the time and it works fine.

Are you linking SQL tables or views in Access (from Access you can look at an SQL view as if it were a table).

Are you using SQL or NT authentication? That is, have you configured SQL to recognise NT user logins or do you and your users have to type in a SQL username and password.

It sounds to me as if it were a security problem or some installation problem.

Try perhaps installing a reasonably recent MDAC kit to update your client libraries. See:

http://www.microsoft.com/data/

for more information.

Hope this is useful

David Westmore

------------
    Reggie at 6/12/01 4:20:55 PM

Has anyone had any problems connecting to SQL server 7.0 using ODBC connection? When I create a dsn within odbc to connect to my sql server the test connection is good. But when I go into access to link the table I get an odbc error message, reading something like, the stored procedure need to complete this task could not be found on this server.

Thanks