Thread: SELECT permission denied on object

prychan Guest

SELECT permission denied on object

Does any body have this problem? when I execut the store procedure in database A that select from a table in database B. I got error
    message "SELECT permission denied on object", I know that if I have the permission to execute the store procedure, I don't need the select permission to table. Is is a bug in SQL 7.0 version or what? In SQL 6.5, as long as we have execute permission to Store procedure it will work.

Jeff Putnam Guest

SELECT permission denied on object (reply)

Is the sp owned by dbo? If not, does the owner of the sp have permission to select from the table?

------------
    prychan at 3/22/01 4:11:20 PM

Does any body have this problem? when I execut the store procedure in database A that select from a table in database B. I got error
    message "SELECT permission denied on object", I know that if I have the permission to execute the store procedure, I don't need the select permission to table. Is is a bug in SQL 7.0 version or what? In SQL 6.5, as long as we have execute permission to Store procedure it will work.

prychan Guest

Yes, the SP is owned by dbo.

------------
    Jeff Putnam at 3/22/01 4:23:18 PM

Is the sp owned by dbo? If not, does the owner of the sp have permission to select from the table?

------------
    prychan at 3/22/01 4:11:20 PM

Dale Shaw Guest

>>> Yes, the SP is owned by dbo.

Are ALL objects owned by DBO (i.e. all tables / views involved).

Dale