Thread: SQL7/SQL2000 replication. Auth error

Kevin Guest

SQL7/SQL2000 replication. Auth error

I'm attemting to replicate from a SQL7 box to SQL2000.

The snapshot works fine, but it fails when it tries to push the subscription to the SQL2000 box with a trust error (I don't recall the exact message). I noticed that it fails when Enterprise Mgr is configured as: "Tools/Replication/Configure Publishing, Subscribers and Distribution", Subscriber Tab, "Impersonating SQL Service Agent". It works if I change to "SA".

This is only the case when we replicate from SQL7 to SQL2K. SQL7 to SQL7 works fine with "Impersonating". Has anybody seen this behavior? Any workarounds, other than using SA?

mmwops Guest

SQL7/SQL2000 replication. Auth error (reply)

checkout answer on SQL7 board

------------
    Kevin at 8/12/2002 10:58:11 AM

I'm attemting to replicate from a SQL7 box to SQL2000.

The snapshot works fine, but it fails when it tries to push the subscription to the SQL2000 box with a trust error (I don't recall the exact message). I noticed that it fails when Enterprise Mgr is configured as: "Tools/Replication/Configure Publishing, Subscribers and Distribution", Subscriber Tab, "Impersonating SQL Service Agent". It works if I change to "SA".

This is only the case when we replicate from SQL7 to SQL2K. SQL7 to SQL7 works fine with "Impersonating". Has anybody seen this behavior? Any workarounds, other than using SA?